Bali Sunfish Safari
Ocean Sunfish or Mola Mola is the heaviest known bony fish in the world. It has an average adult weight of 1,000 kg (2,200 lb). The species is native to tropical and temperate waters around the globe. Sunfish Only two species are known, the rough or short sunfish (O. mola), which is found in all seas of the temperate and tropical zones; and the smaller and scarcer smooth or oblong sunfish (O. truncatus), of which only a small number of specimens have been obtained from the Atlantic and Indian oceans.
Mola Mola Sunfish Bali operates from Bali’s first purpose built dive centre, set on the sandy beach of a picturesque village right in the heart of Mola Mola country. Our European and Indonesian dive guides each have more than 3,000 dives on Mola Mola sites. It’s a combination that allows you to enjoy one of diving’s great experiences, and one of the world’s loveliest islands.
The Bali Sunfish, host their seasonal migrations to these islands. The best time of the year to see these huge creatures is between July and October although they can be seen occasionally outside these times. Our Local Dive Guides are well rehearsed in locating these creatures that tend to congregate around a few sites in Nusa Penida Island, namely Blue Corner, Crystal Bay and Toyapakeh along with a few others.
What's Included Bali Sunfish Safari
To join this Course you must be at least the following.
- Open Water Diver or Equivalence, 10 dive’s in your Log Book Min.
- Bring your Certification Card & Log Book.
- 12 L Aluminium Tanks with International Valve (For DIN, bring your Adaptor)
- Pick up ( 7:00 am ) from your Hotel in the South Bali Tourist Area (varies with location)
- Arrive at Bali Diving Dive Centre
- Check Equipment & Sign Associated Paperwork
- Transfer to Sanur Beach
- Transfer to Nusa Penida
- 3 Dives
- Lunch & Light Refreshments on boat between dives
- Check Equipment
- Return to Sanur Beach
- Returning to South Bali, accommodation approximately 15:30