The beautiful location that is known as Menjangan National Park has some of the most beautiful locations for both diving and for adventure activities. Menjangan has 7 amazingly beautiful diving spots, that are teaming with marine life, The Menjangan island is untouched and uninhabited, meaning that it provides some of the most untouched reefs in Bali.
Menjangan Pos 1
You can either start from the jetty and swim to the east or from a traditional boat that drops you right in the channel between the main island and Menjangan. This dive site is big, covering more than 60.000 m2 underwater lives, partial drop off, slope and flat area. Generally visibility is around 20m or better. You can expect to be accompanied by some friendly Bat Fish through out your dive. Sometimes there is current in the channel, and that is the time when you have a chance to see some big pelagic, such as Tuna, Sharks. Our instructor has spotted a Bull Shark ..no kidding, some Dolphins (at the surface), and Whale Sharks. Generally the diving is relaxing and there are many things to see. The area near the Jetty is also excellent for training.
Menjangan Pos 2
You can swim either to the west or to the east. If you swim to the west, you will find underwater structures with some small caverns and drop off. The structure serves as an excellent natural framing for underwater photography and videography, with some silhouettes from the sun penetrating the openings. You can also “play” hide and seek when exploring the caverns. Expect to see some pelagic and if you lucky, great Barracuda. To the east, there are more fishes to see, drop off, big gorgonians and sometimes current. At some shallow reefs, you can find schools of jack fish. Deeper than 40m, is the place to see big marine life.
Menjangan Budak Wreck
Located east of POS I, the depth of the wreck starts at 35m and down to 50m. It is an old wreck (early 19th century), the history is not well documented. The wreck is “kind of metal plated” and full of schools of Yellow Stripe Snapper. Two resident white tip sharks are among the marine lives you’ll probably see. Some artifacts left untouched. The wreck itself is not big, but it’s deep, with normal air, you probably can explore the wreck in just 10 to 15 minutes, with the use of EANx (nitrox) is surely beneficial to extend the no deco time. Visibility is generally from 15 to 25m. Menjangan is a nature reserve and the only place to find this species of deer. If your lucky you could have a lunch companion
North site of Menjangan, east of Budak Wreck, lays a slope of coral reef, and partial drop off in some areas, abundant reef fish, such as Anthias, Butterfly Fish and Angel Fish. The dive is relatively easy and not too deep. You will start from a traditional boat and “back roll” into the water before descending to around 15 to 25m. The structure of the shallow reef is also very beautiful with some white sandy bottoms. We include this dive as part of an overnight “Mini Safari” with the first day diving at Secret Bay or Menjangan, overnight at the Mimpi Resort (share twin) and then breakfast and two more dives before heading back to Sanur/Kuta. Its a great two day break but requires a minimum of two divers. For more information about Menjangan Safaris Read More.
OTHER MENJANGAN DIVING SITES
This dive site is located about 20 minutes drive from Lovina, to get down here driving past the Seririt Town about 200 meters, on the left side of the main road stands sign board….Read More
The dive site is located in front of the docking area of the Gilimanuk Harbor . I bet you won ‘t believe this place has so many things to see, until you put on your mask and start exploring the….Read More
- Hotel pick up @ 7am to 7:30am and drop off (Nusa Dua to Seminyak tourist area)
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud require us to allocate a car and driver to pick you up and drop you off. A small extra charge of $27 applies to this as we have to send a car and driver, but this is a per group cost.
- All Marine Park entry fees
- All and any Boat and Porters Fees
- Delicious Lunch and light refreshments
- Free water, tea and coffee at the Dive Center
- Experienced Dive Instructor/Dive Leader
- The Equipment you used – washed & stored for you
- Rental of all Diving Equipment inc. Tanks & Weight Belts
- Please bring a hat, sun screen, seat cushion and your own towel
- (Towels can be rented at the dive center)
- Dive computer
- Underwater camera
- Swim wear
- Please note: additional items can be purchased at the cafe at your own cost and soft drinks and beers at the dive Center
- We provide complimentary pick up and drop off in our shuttle bus from most of the major south Bali tourist areas including Nusa Dua, Jimbaran Beach, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak between 7am and 7:15am, and Sanur between 7:30am and 7:45am.
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud can still be serviced but we have to allocate a car and driver for this and therefore a small additional cost applies.
- Customer Service reconfirms all pick-ups the day before by e mail.
- If you have a certified diver who wishes to tag along and join you on the training dives, that’s fine – they just pay the standard fee for that articular site nd can be added from the “Go Diving” section.
- Alternatively, if you have someone who just wishes to come along to the dive site, chill on the beach and join you for lunch (lunch is included in “Land Content”) the you can add this person in “Extras” and of course you can always “Contact Us” for help in booking either tag along divers or Land Content participants to join you.
This will bring up a summary of your order and also calculate the deposit needed to confirm your booking. You will also need to complete your personal details. We use Pay Pal to accept deposits for your protection and you don’t need to be a member of Pay Pal to use this service. You can even use your credit card.
You can either choose to “Pay Now” which will be just the deposit – or you can “Make another booking” and add to your order if you wish.
IF YOU WANT TO BOOK A DATE NOT LISTED OR HAVE A QUESTION
Our scheduled dates are shown on our on line booking system, but sometimes this date is not convenient.
If you wish to book a program for a date not listed as available on our booking calendar please simply contact our sales team through our “Contact Us” button. Most often we can confirm your request for a preferred date, and of course the more advance notice we have the easier it is to accommodate this date. If there are at least two of you wishing to dive on the same date this really helps us.