Gili Biaha, Bali
This island of rock, Gili Biaha with a rounded cap of grass and it is the most remote of the Amuk Bay sites, located about four kilometres northeast of Tepekong. It is a beautiful steep drop-off reef, nicely fissured and terraced in places, rings most of the island, going to a slope in the north. The inside of the island’s curve is always protected from the current, but heavy swell can make things worse up near the reefs wall face, particularly for your boat captain who picks the divers up. End of the rugged and terraced reef wall will lead into blowhole where a number of Reef Sharks can always be found under the overhang of the blowhole wall, inside also lives abundance of lobsters in between the cracked wall. To dive into blowhole should you carry a quality light, inside it is really dark. There are swarms of reef fishes at this site, the beautiful Mayer’s Butterfly fish are rare through out of Bali reefs, is common in this site. It is the only possible penetrating into blowhole when a small surge laps the reef wall and water is pounded out from blowhole. The swirling current can occur at some places of the site, to be safe, is to stay close to the reef wall face and ascend a little distance from the reef wall face. The water temperature dips as below as 20 degrees C, so get ready with the proper wet suit to stay warm. This is an Advanced Dive Site and divers must have a minimum of 10 logged dives beyond Open Water or an Advanced Diver Certification
|7am||Pick up from Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua and remote areas|
|7:30am||Pick up from Sanur|
|Equipment Preparation and load vehicles|
|8:15am||Travel to Padang Bai|
|Join “Jukung” Boat to dive Gili Tepekong/Biaha|
|Ocean Dive #1|
|Surface interval on boat – swimming/relaxing|
|Ocean Dive #2|
|Return to Padang Bai|
|Lunch at Topi Inn|
|2:30pm||Return to Bali Diving|
|Wash and care for equipment & log dives|
|3:30pm||Return to accommodation in shuttle bus|
- Hotel pick up @ 7am to 7:30am and drop off (Nusa Dua to Seminyak tourist area)
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud require us to allocate a car and driver to pick you up and drop you off. A small extra charge of $27 applies to this as we have to send a car and driver, but this is a per group cost.
- All Marine Park entry fees
- All and any Boat and Porters Fees
- Delicious Lunch and light refreshments
- Free water, tea and coffee at the Dive Center
- Experienced Dive Instructor/Dive Leader
- The Equipment you used – washed & stored for you
- Rental of all Diving Equipment inc. Tanks & Weight Belts
- Please bring a hat, sun screen, seat cushion and your own towel
- (Towels can be rented at the dive center)
- Dive computer
- Underwater camera
- Swim wear
- Please note: additional items can be purchased at the cafe at your own cost and soft drinks and beers at the dive Center
- We provide complimentary pick up and drop off in our shuttle bus from most of the major south Bali tourist areas including Nusa Dua, Jimbaran Beach, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak between 7am and 7:15am, and Sanur between 7:30am and 7:45am.
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud can still be serviced but we have to allocate a car and driver for this and therefore a small additional cost applies.
- Customer Service reconfirms all pick-ups the day before by e mail.
- If you have a certified diver who wishes to tag along and join you on the training dives, that’s fine – they just pay the standard fee for that articular site nd can be added from the “Go Diving” section.
- Alternatively, if you have someone who just wishes to come along to the dive site, chill on the beach and join you for lunch (lunch is included in “Land Content”) the you can add this person in “Extras” and of course you can always “Contact Us” for help in booking either tag along divers or Land Content participants to join you.
This will bring up a summary of your order and also calculate the deposit needed to confirm your booking. You will also need to complete your personal details. We use Pay Pal to accept deposits for your protection and you don’t need to be a member of Pay Pal to use this service. You can even use your credit card.
You can either choose to “Pay Now” which will be just the deposit – or you can “Make another booking” and add to your order if you wish.
IF YOU WANT TO BOOK A DATE NOT LISTED OR HAVE A QUESTION
Our scheduled dates are shown on our on line booking system, but sometimes this date is not convenient.
If you wish to book a program for a date not listed as available on our booking calendar please simply contact our sales team through our “Contact Us” button. Most often we can confirm your request for a preferred date, and of course the more advance notice we have the easier it is to accommodate this date. If there are at least two of you wishing to dive on the same date this really helps us.