Only a few kilometres west of Tulamben, you can find Kubu, Bali. Kubu village first exist from salt panning & fishing. Now mainly from tourism. When Arriving there you will notice on the left woodpiles which are used for this technique of salt extraction. Kubu, Bali is situated in north east Bali 1 hour from Padang Bai & 30 mins from Tulamben Dive Sites. The coral garden starts right off the beach breaking the surface with a staghorn coral field and huge schools of fish. This is Bali’s second best snorkeling site next to Blue Lagoon Padang Bai. The actual dive site can be reached by local boat. The dive starts in a shallow area of 3 to 8 m in a wonderful coral garden. This Bali dive site is very excellent to be explored, especially with its beautiful reef formation. Tempting fishes life including regular sightings of barracuda, turtles can be seen frequently. Sharks and Bumphead Parrotfish are other temptations to be discovered in this diving location. A moderate current will guide you in approx. 20 min to the drop off’s edge. One drop offs drops straight down to 30 m. It is beautifully grown with soft coral and any possible species of reef fish can be found there. White & Blacktip reef sharks swims pass occasionally checking out their feeding ground. The highlight however is an area at 27 m of depth with a sandy field full of blue-spotted stingrays. The other drop off is only 25 m deep, ideal for the subsequent shallower dive. The dive site in Kubu, Bali features a pinnacle, which erects from a depth of 25 m forming a scenic swim through in 20 m. At both drop offs your 5m safety stop will be highly entertaining. Both dives are drift dives with a mild current, with outrigger boats following the divers. Both are very comfortable dives.Divers are able to access the shore using a vehicle for taking the equipment with them. Various hard and soft coral, sponges and fan are the kind of good variety in this Bali dive location. Moreover, Kubu Bali diving hightlights the pygmy seahorses where you can find freely there. The visibility in this Bali dive location is around 15-30 meters. Average current from mild to moderate coral growth is still being the main characteristic of Tulamben area, including Kubu. Lionfish occupies the deeper sections of reef and nudibranches can be found by divers at all depths.
|7am||Pick up from Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua and remote areas|
|7:30am||Pick up from Sanur|
|Equipment Preparation and load vehicles|
|8:15am||Travel to Kubu (just past Tulamben)|
|Unload vehicles and porters carry equipment to dive site|
|Ocean Dive #1|
|Lunch at Local Cafe|
|Ocean Dive #2|
|Pack up equipment and porters carry to vehicles|
|5pm||Travel back to Bali Diving|
|5:30pm||Return to accommodation in shuttle bus|
- Hotel pick up @ 7am to 7:30am and drop off (Nusa Dua to Seminyak tourist area)
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud require us to allocate a car and driver to pick you up and drop you off. A small extra charge of $27 applies to this as we have to send a car and driver, but this is a per group cost.
- All Marine Park entry fees
- All and any Boat and Porters Fees
- Delicious Lunch and light refreshments
- Free water, tea and coffee at the Dive Center
- Experienced Dive Instructor/Dive Leader
- The Equipment you used – washed & stored for you
- Rental of all Diving Equipment inc. Tanks & Weight Belts
- Please bring a hat, sun screen, seat cushion and your own towel
- (Towels can be rented at the dive center)
- Dive computer
- Underwater camera
- Swim wear
- Please note: additional items can be purchased at the cafe at your own cost and soft drinks and beers at the dive Center
- We provide complimentary pick up and drop off in our shuttle bus from most of the major south Bali tourist areas including Nusa Dua, Jimbaran Beach, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak between 7am and 7:15am, and Sanur between 7:30am and 7:45am.
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud can still be serviced but we have to allocate a car and driver for this and therefore a small additional cost applies.
- Customer Service reconfirms all pick-ups the day before by e mail.
- If you have a certified diver who wishes to tag along and join you on the training dives, that’s fine – they just pay the standard fee for that articular site nd can be added from the “Go Diving” section.
- Alternatively, if you have someone who just wishes to come along to the dive site, chill on the beach and join you for lunch (lunch is included in “Land Content”) the you can add this person in “Extras” and of course you can always “Contact Us” for help in booking either tag along divers or Land Content participants to join you.
This will bring up a summary of your order and also calculate the deposit needed to confirm your booking. You will also need to complete your personal details. We use Pay Pal to accept deposits for your protection and you don’t need to be a member of Pay Pal to use this service. You can even use your credit card.
You can either choose to “Pay Now” which will be just the deposit – or you can “Make another booking” and add to your order if you wish.
IF YOU WANT TO BOOK A DATE NOT LISTED OR HAVE A QUESTION
Our scheduled dates are shown on our on line booking system, but sometimes this date is not convenient.
If you wish to book a program for a date not listed as available on our booking calendar please simply contact our sales team through our “Contact Us” button. Most often we can confirm your request for a preferred date, and of course the more advance notice we have the easier it is to accommodate this date. If there are at least two of you wishing to dive on the same date this really helps us.