GoPro with Bali Diving's PADI Divemaster Internship
The PADI Divemaster Internship Program is your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving. Working closely with an Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for the on going experience into Assistant Instructor then on to the Open Water Instructor.
During the PADI Divemaster Internship Program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others to improve their scuba skills. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
You will have a personal experienced instructor to oversee your training and be your mentor along with exposure to other instructors and dive masters, ensuring a varied and interesting training experience. Collectively Bali Diving has over 37 years of teaching experience. This all means that no other dive center can bring this level of experience to the table.
PADI Divemaster Internship, Pricing and Packages
Choose your plan
- PADI Open Water
- PADI Advanced Open Water
- PADI Emergency First Response
- PADI Rescue Diver
- Divemaster PADI Materials
- PADI Nitrox Course
- Night Dive and Overnight
- Speciality upgrade Option
- The Business of Diving & Employability Workshop
- Sales and Marketing Workshops
- Compressor Operations Workshop
- Equipment Servicing and Repair
- Rental Equipment
- Unlimited Diving (Non course days)
- Lunch and Drinks During Courses
- Airport Pickup and return
- Visa Assistance
- Motor Bike Rental Assistance
- Discounts on equipment
- Discounts on additional courses
- (Value -$2800)
- (Value - $1700)
Fast Track (14 Day)
- ON REQUEST
- (Value - $900)
Divemaster Internship Addons
Bali Diving addons are designed to give you the most of your diving experience while you are with us in Bali. we want to make sure you get a full program and off to the right start in your diving career, so we have design the following addons to get you going. check out he addons for more information.
We want to make sure from the very start of your PADI Divemaster Internship with us that there is no hidden charges or additional costs other than that is outlaid on this page. All our internships require you to be at-least an PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or the equivalent if with another certifying agency.
If you are not currently certified then not to worry check out the list of addons and upgrades below that will surely complete your Diving Experience and Package.
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver.
- 18 years old.
- You are required to have at-least 40 logged dives.
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months. check the PADI medical form for requirements (Read Here!)
- Completed Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months (or equivalent certifying agency in First Aid).
- if you don’t currently have all the prerequisites, then don’t worry, our programs are designed to help you get them.
During your PADI dive master course/Internship with Bali Diving we are able to fully customize your package and tailor it to your needs and making sure that you can complete all the requirements to become a PADI Divemaster, If you don’t have all of the prerequisites then don’t worry we have packages that will suit you and ensure that the costs are greatly reduced as well. Here at Bali Diving we ensure that there is no add on’s and nothing is hidden from you for another payment later on. Everything is clearly explained and presented up front.
PADI Divemaster internship eLearning
If you find that you would like to start your PADI Divemaster course before you arrive in Bali, you have a fantastic advantage of doing the PADI Divemaster eLearning, this is a fully interactive online version of all the classroom activities that we need to cover, it allows you to cover all the Theory, that is in the Book, there is 9 chapters in all. This means we can get straight into the practical aspect of the Divemaster course as this is really where you start to learn.
If you would like to know more then you can either contact us, or checkout our dedicated eLearning Page from here you can sign up and get started.
What you need to know.
To Qualify for the fast track program please meet the following requirements as a minimum.
- Certified Rescue Diver
- At-least 40-50 logged dives
- Valid PADI Emergency First Response or equivalent first aid
- In good health
- able to commit to 14 days with not many days off.
if you can answer YES to all the above then feel free to join us for an exciting 14 days for you becoming and PADI Divemaster.
You’ll complete three phases in the Divemaster program:
- Watermanship and skills assessment
- Knowledge Development: Divemaster Role, Supervising diving activities, Assisting students, Divemaster-conducted programs, Specialised skills and activties, Dive theory, Dive environment, Dive safety, Business of diving, Emergency assistance plan for diving emergencies in the local area, Mapping a local open water site
- Practical Application: This involves training activities using various structured training sessions, simulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual PADI programs. These training sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities, both as a coordinator and as an underwater guide.
For those of you looking to join the leaders of the pack, look no further. The Divemaster program is your first step in the leadership level in the system of diver education. This rating denotes you as a person who:
- Has a high level of personal diving skill.
- Has instructor level knowledge of diving theory.
- Has had significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities.
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
- Assist an instructor during the training sessions for any diver course.
- Conduct the Skin Diver course and Discover Snorkelling program.
- Conduct the Discover Local Diving experience.
- Conduct the Scuba Review program.
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the Digital Underwater Photographer Speciality Instructor rating to be able to teach the Digital Underwater Photography speciality.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of an Instructor during:
- Surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- When the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Speciality training dives under the indirect supervision of a Instructor.
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with an Instructor.
- Organize, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based.
There are a few things that are not included within the Divemaster Internship courses, these are listed below.
- PADI Divemaster Application Fee – This is $187 AUD and paid directly to padi on completion of your Divemaster Application.
- Medical Fees – Before you can start you Divemaster course you will need to undergo a medical, we can arrange this for you but incurs a cost of 100,000rp.
- Accommodation – This is handled on request as everyone is different, we have some basic as well as some very nice options, let us know your budget and we can discuss the arrangements.