PADI EQUIPMENT SPECIALIST
Want to learn more about how your equipment operates and learn valuable care techniques from a dive professional? During your PADI Equipment Specialist program, you’ll familiarize yourself with the operation and maintenance of your own personal equipment. You may also be given the opportunity by your instructor to review new or unfamiliar dive equipment.
Don’t miss a dive due to a scuba equipment issue.
Whether it’s a blown o-ring, regulator problem, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, you can learn how to manage basic scuba equipment adjustments.
As a PADI Equipment Specialist, you are prepared for the basic scuba equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you’ll encounter every day. In addition, you’ll learn interesting background information about how your gear works, how it’s repair and other information that helps you with your equipment investment.
Course content can also cover compressor operations and basic maintenance, use of air banking systems and other topics to suit the needs of interested amateurs or dive professionals alike.
The more you know about how your dive equipment works, the more
- Comfortable you are with it
- Performance you get from it
- You can care for it
- Be certified as a PADI Scuba Diver, Junior Scuba Diver, Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or have qualifying certifications from another training organization.
- Be 10 years of age or older.
Ok, so you made it onto your course, now we just have some paperwork to complete before we get stuck into your course materials.
Together we will work through the course materials for the selected Adventure dives you have chosen and complete your knowledge reviews.
- Develop the student’s practical knowledge of the theory, principles and operation of diving equipment.
- Enable the student to perform routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures.
- Enable the student to store equipment properly.
- Provide students with simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations.
- Introduce students to new equipment.
After completing the classroom and the theory side of things we will then turn to practical application and go over all the equipment you have learnt about and include some strip down and repairs.
PADI Equipment Specialist Additional Information
- Hotel pick up @ 7am to 7:30am and drop off (Nusa Dua to Seminyak tourist area)
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud require us to allocate a car and driver to pick you up and drop you off. A small extra charge of $27 applies to this as we have to send a car and driver, but this is a per group cost.
- All Marine Park entry fees
- All and any Boat and Porters Fees
- Delicious Lunch and light refreshments
- Free water, tea and coffee at the Dive Center
- Experienced Dive Instructor/Dive Leader
- The Equipment you used – washed & stored for you
- Rental of all Diving Equipment inc. Tanks & Weight Belts
- ALL PADI MATERIALS AND CERTIFICATIONS.
- Please bring a hat, sun screen, seat cushion and your own towel
- (Towels can be rented at the dive center)
- Dive computer
- Underwater camera
- Swim wear
- Please note: additional items can be purchased at the cafe at your own cost and soft drinks and beers at the dive Center
- We provide complimentary pick up and drop off in our shuttle bus from most of the major south Bali tourist areas including Nusa Dua, Jimbaran Beach, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak between 7am and 7:15am, and Sanur between 7:30am and 7:45am.
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud can still be serviced but we have to allocate a car and driver for this and therefore a small additional cost applies.
- Customer Service reconfirms all pick-ups the day before by e mail.
- If you have a certified diver who wishes to tag along and join you on the training dives, that’s fine – they just pay the standard fee for that particular site and can be added from the “Go Diving” section.
- Alternatively, if you have someone who just wishes to come along to the dive site, chill on the beach and join you for lunch (lunch is included in “Land Content”) the you can add this person in “Extras” and of course you can always “Contact Us” for help in booking either tag along divers or Land Content participants to join you.
This will bring up a summary of your order and also calculate the deposit needed to confirm your booking. You will also need to complete your personal details. We use Pay Pal to accept deposits for your protection and you don’t need to be a member of Pay Pal to use this service. You can even use your credit card.
You can either choose to “Pay Now” which will be just the deposit – or you can “Make another booking” and add to your order if you wish.
IF YOU WANT TO BOOK A DATE NOT LISTED OR HAVE A QUESTION
Our scheduled dates are shown on our on line booking system, but sometimes this date is not convenient.
If you wish to book a program for a date not listed as available on our booking calendar please simply contact our sales team through our “Contact Us” button. Most often we can confirm your request for a preferred date, and of course the more advance notice we have the easier it is to accommodate this date. If there are at least two of you wishing to dive on the same date this really helps us.