PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty
The PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty Course teaches you how to configure and use one or two cylinders mounted at your sides instead of on your back. Experience a different way to streamline in the water, reduce lower back strain and take advantage of the increased gas supply for longer dives.
Sidemount diving is configuring the diver’s cylinders under the diver’s arms, rather than on the back. This configuration is well suited to a lot of different environments and implies excellent advantages for divers with limited mobility that prefer sidemount over wearing back mounted cylinders. Sidemount is also popular for cave diving and single cylinders are easier to haul when divers must carry gear through rough terrain to the water’s edge.
The benefits of sidemount diving include:
- Adjust-ability: enhance your streamlining and body position while better controlling environmental contact.
- Access: easy access to the regulator first stage(s) and tank valve(s) which are positioned in front of you instead of behind you.
- Back relief: by mounting cylinder(s) on their sides.
- Maximize time: a comfortable option to increase air supply and maximize bottom time; especially when using enriched air.
- Redundant gas supply and delivery system: handle a low or out-of-gas problem by switching to the second cylinder; handle a regulator failure by switching to the second regulator.
To join the PADI Sidemount course you need to be at least 15 years old and a PADI Open Water Diver, answer NO to the medical questions.
Ok, so you made it onto your course, now we just have some paperwork to complete before we get stuck into your course materials.
Together we will work through the course materials for the selected Adventure dives you have chosen and complete your knowledge reviews.
Pool and Ocean
Day 1 involves a morning session in the pool, putting the theory into practice and then moving onto the ocean for your first open water dive.
On day two we head back out the ocean for 2 more dives and really put your knowledge into practice, get a real feel for diving with two tanks and why two tanks is better and easier to dive with than one.
PADI Sidemount Additional Information
- Hotel pick up @ 7am to 7:30am and drop off (Nusa Dua to Seminyak tourist area)
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud require us to allocate a car and driver to pick you up and drop you off. A small extra charge of $27 applies to this as we have to send a car and driver, but this is a per group cost.
- All Marine Park entry fees
- All and any Boat and Porters Fees
- Delicious Lunch and light refreshments
- Free water, tea and coffee at the Dive Center
- Experienced Dive Instructor/Dive Leader
- The Equipment you used – washed & stored for you
- Rental of all Diving Equipment inc. Tanks & Weight Belts
- ALL PADI MATERIALS AND CERTIFICATIONS.
- Please bring a hat, sun screen, seat cushion and your own towel
- (Towels can be rented at the dive center)
- Dive computer
- Underwater camera
- Swim wear
- Please note: additional items can be purchased at the cafe at your own cost and soft drinks and beers at the dive Center
- We provide complimentary pick up and drop off in our shuttle bus from most of the major south Bali tourist areas including Nusa Dua, Jimbaran Beach, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak between 7am and 7:15am, and Sanur between 7:30am and 7:45am.
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud can still be serviced but we have to allocate a car and driver for this and therefore a small additional cost applies.
- Customer Service reconfirms all pick-ups the day before by e mail.
- If you have a certified diver who wishes to tag along and join you on the training dives, that’s fine – they just pay the standard fee for that particular site and can be added from the “Go Diving” section.
- Alternatively, if you have someone who just wishes to come along to the dive site, chill on the beach and join you for lunch (lunch is included in “Land Content”) the you can add this person in “Extras” and of course you can always “Contact Us” for help in booking either tag along divers or Land Content participants to join you.
This will bring up a summary of your order and also calculate the deposit needed to confirm your booking. You will also need to complete your personal details. We use Pay Pal to accept deposits for your protection and you don’t need to be a member of Pay Pal to use this service. You can even use your credit card.
You can either choose to “Pay Now” which will be just the deposit – or you can “Make another booking” and add to your order if you wish.
IF YOU WANT TO BOOK A DATE NOT LISTED OR HAVE A QUESTION
Our scheduled dates are shown on our on line booking system, but sometimes this date is not convenient.
If you wish to book a program for a date not listed as available on our booking calendar please simply contact our sales team through our “Contact Us” button. Most often we can confirm your request for a preferred date, and of course the more advance notice we have the easier it is to accommodate this date. If there are at least two of you wishing to dive on the same date this really helps us.