Snorkeling in Tulamben
Unlike other places for snorkeling, Tulamben offers unique underwater scenery visible from the surface: The USAT Liberty shipwreck. The ship has been sunken for more than 40 years making it a number one scuba diving destination in Bali. The Wreck can be seen easily from the surface, in the water the Wreck sits from about 3m all the way down to 28m and on a good clear day you can see the deeper parts of this wreck.
After swimming for about 20 meters offshore snorkelers will start seeing part of the ship now a dwelling place for marine life. A snorkeling-guide will assist you during this time not only to make sure you know where the wreck is but also to accompany you in case you are a single snorkeler.
|7:00:00 AM||Pick up from Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, and remote areas|
|7:30:00 AM||Pick up from Sanur|
|Equipment Preparation and load vehicles|
|8:15am||Travel to Tulamben (wreck of the USAT Liberty)|
|Unload vehicles and porters carry equipment to the dive site|
|Snorkeling Session #1|
|Lunch at Puri Madha|
|Snorkeling Session #2|
|Pack up equipment and porters carry to vehicles|
|5pm||Travel back to Bali Diving|
|Logging the days snorkeling and signing off|
|5:40pm||Return to accommodation in the shuttle bus|
- Hotel pick up @ 7 am to 7:30 am and drop off (Nusa Dua to Seminyak tourist area)
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu, and Ubud require us to allocate a car and driver to pick you up and drop you off. A small extra charge of $27 applies to this as we have to send a car and driver, but this is a per group cost.
- All Marine Park entry fees
- All and any Boat and Porters Fees
- Delicious Lunch and light refreshments
- Free water, tea, and coffee at the Dive Center
- Experienced Dive Instructor/Dive Leader
- The Equipment you used – washed & stored for you
- Rental of all Diving Equipment Inc. Tanks & Weight Belts
- Please bring a hat, sunscreen, seat cushion, and your own towel
- (Towels can be rented at the dive center)
- Dive computer
- Underwater camera
- Please note: additional items can be purchased at the cafe at your own cost and soft drinks and beers at the Dive Center
- We provide complimentary pick up and drop off in our shuttle bus from most of the major south Bali tourist areas including Nusa Dua, Jimbaran Beach, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak between 7am and 7:15am, and Sanur between 7:30am and 7:45am.
- Remote areas such as Uluwatu, Canggu and Ubud can still be serviced but we have to allocate a car and driver for this and therefore a small additional cost applies.
- Customer Service reconfirms all pick-ups the day before by e mail.
- If you have a certified diver who wishes to tag along and join you on the training dives, that’s fine – they just pay the standard fee for that particular site and can be added from the “Go Diving” section.
- Alternatively, if you have someone who just wishes to come along to the dive site, chill on the beach and join you for lunch (lunch is included in “Land Content”) you can add this person in “Extras” and of course you can always “Contact Us” for help in booking either tag along divers or Land Content participants to join you.
This will bring up a summary of your order and also calculate the deposit needed to confirm your booking. You will also need to complete your personal details. We use Pay Pal to accept deposits for your protection and you don’t need to be a member of Pay Pal to use this service. You can even use your credit card.
You can either choose to “Pay Now” which will be just the deposit – or you can “Make another booking” and add to your order if you wish.
IF YOU WANT TO BOOK A DATE NOT LISTED OR HAVE A QUESTION
Our scheduled dates are shown on our online booking system, but sometimes this date is not convenient.
If you wish to book a program for a date not listed as available on our booking calendar please simply contact our sales team through our “Contact Us” button. Most often we can confirm your request for a preferred date, and of course the more advance notice we have the easier it is to accommodate this date. If there are at least two of you wish to dive on the same date this really helps us.